Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Vitamin D And Heel Pain How Accurate Is The Heel Bone Density Test?

How accurate is the Heel Bone Density test? - vitamin d and heel pain

I'm 33, 5'11, 150, fat 9%. I work with a weight of 2 to 3 times per week, walking 4 miles a day and the bike (for the last 4 years). I have had and have hormonal imbalances, on the depo shot for several years, check them.

I had the heel bone density test today in our house just health. I have a T-score of -1.9, which they say is a high risk of osteoporosis. I take Caltrate Centrum per day. After this hearing the score, I stopped and bought more calcium than what I did was not 100% of daily needs. I drink milk, a liter a week.

Therefore, this test is necessary? Will I fall and break a hip tomorrow, next year, 10 years? I'm in good shape with great muscle tone. I was very surprised about this. I know that I have a terrible power of a teenager 27 or older. The person in the hospital, said he was more likely to lead to Depo shots. Can I okay if I get more calcium and vitamin D to maintain and train?

3 comments:

crowfeat... said...

Peripherals
The devices are available in pharmacies and are considerably cheaper than central functions. But these little machines have limits.

Measurements at the hip and spine is generally considered a more accurate assessment of the risk of osteoporosis because they where big breaks tend to come - are fractures that can severely limit the quality and even the duration of life.

A test at a peripheral site, such as the heel can predict the risk of fractures in the spine and hip. However, because the bone is generally from place to place a measure on the heel usually worn not as accurate as a measure of the spine or hip.

Measurements of bone mineral density at the heel or finger can also be used to detect osteoporosis, however. If the test is positive, your physician to recommend DXA of the spine or the hip confirm the diagnosis
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bone-de ...

In your case, since it is a high risk for osteoarthritisOsteoporosis, perhaps you should also accept other evidence. Evidence that the lumbar vertebrae, which are at the bottom of the spine, the narrow neck of the femur near the hip bone and the wrist and forearm.

Yes, good idea to take vitamin D with calcium.
Looks like you're on the right track.

Here is a site for you:
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/a ...

Bago said...

I am not surprised by the results, if they really are, body fat by 9%. It should be kept below 12% body fat, unless you are still having hormone imbalances and a high risk of osteoporosis want. I do not know how women can get this body, if not with weights every day for 2 hours and bucket loads of protein supplements work.

wantsshy said...

Get dexascan are

Post a Comment